Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Hello, Wednesday!

It's the middle of the week...and I'm back with a few more cards to share with you.  I'm still replenishing my "ready to go" basket of cards, and it was time to add a thank you card (or two) to the ready...this is my latest addition.

I used the Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares die to make the shaped card, and it's just big enough to write a short note of thanks inside.


Supplies:
Die Cuts: Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Squares (shaped card),  Pink Paislee Butterfly Gardens Collection (birds)
Pearl and Leaves: Recollections    Chipboard frame from stash    Bronze German glass glitter from Etsy

Here are a few more sample cards from the Green Tangerines August Add-on Card Kit. I call these "the bright summer group."

On this first card, I took the orange doily sticker from the kit and backed it with a lightweight die cut chipboard scalloped circle that I dry-brushed with white acrylic paint. I used the American Crafts leafy stamp from the Sentiments set that was part of an earlier month's kit, added a little brush flower stamp in orange, a few little white pearl accents, and a stamped sentiment to the die cut. 



This next card is guaranteed to wake you up if you've dozed off reading this - LOL.  That yellow cardstock  is beautifully bright! But it's the same bright yellow that's in that pretty rose floral paper in the kit, so I gave it a go. I cut the pink doily sticker in half to pick up the pink in the patterned paper, and once again, cut a strip of the white lace from the kit, and lightly gathered it into a circle under the little flower. If you use a smaller strip of lace to gather, the edges will "cup" upward instead of forming a more free-form effect of the larger pieces (and yep - that's another all-white flower...I colored the tips with Pink Petunia Versa Magic chalk ink and the center with Tea Leaves Versa Magic chalk ink).  I used two of the little clear flowers as "stick pins" behind the flower and bows.

Lately, I've taken to punching decorative edges on all my little tags - it adds a fun little bit of interest, and you'd be surprised how many of your edge punches will work on these bitty tags!



You don't have to look too closely to see that the papers in this next card were the remainders of the papers I used in the first card above. I usually challenge myself to make "leftovers" work in a meaningful way.  The little watermelon button card is from Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer Chipboard Pops - not part of the kit, but available in the store.  I knew white machine stitching wouldn't show up as well as I wanted here, so I hand-drew the line detail with a Uniball Signo Broad white pen, and accented them with little black dots for a fun detail. (The little sentiment tag is printed on my printer.)



Have a great Wednesday!



1 comment:

  1. Gosh! I need to STOP! LOL your cards are not only delightful, but so full of magic. Each one, Kathy, has so many fascinating details, and so much loveliness. Your heart and soul must be so full of loveliness to product such beautiful works of heart. I've become your newest follower, Kathy. Such loveliness! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...