Monday, August 22, 2011

Hi, There!

I have a few more cards to share with you today, and a couple more will post in a day or so after I photo them.  I doubt I'll have much time to create new cards this week.  I'm about to embark on a project that, once I'm into it, I may regret ever starting.  But if I put it out there in the Internet world, I'll hold myself accountable for "diving into the deep."

Years ago when we decided this small corner room would be my craft room, my dear husband reworked the closet to contain lots of shelving and specialized storage needs for my various craft supplies - fabrics, paints and assorted accessories, flower arranging supplies, needlecraft supplies, etc.  Then he built a beautiful large oak cabinet for my scrapbooking and stamping supplies, with lots of drawers, cabinet space, and laminate work surface, including two pull out work surfaces in addition to the cabinet top.  I had a LOT of room, and everything was in its place.  That was then.

Over the years, like all good crafters, I've accumulated more.  I've purged my supplies and donated to various charities that put them to great use, but somehow these supplies keep growing. I like to say they're like the Tribbles on the old Star Trek episode (yes, I realize I'm really dating myself here...LOL).

So this week, I'm going to do a MAJOR purge and reorganization of all the supplies hiding in that closet. And it's scary, because there are some things I've looked for in the past few weeks, and I KNOW I have them, but I can't find them. I'm sure they're hidden in the closet, daring me to find them again.

So..."I'm goin' in..." I'm going to schedule a post for Wednesday after I photo the last two cards...and if you don't see me back here next Monday, send help - apparently I'll have buried myself under a mountain of supplies that multiplied as I pulled them from their hiding places!


Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens Collection, BasicGrey Basics White
Pearls & Leaves: Prima    Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Chipboard Frame: Tattered Angels    Hug Snug seam binding
Fabric flower and Laces: Etsy   
Dies: Edge die-Tim Holtz Ornate On the Edge;  Large medallion: Tim Holtz Mini Baroque;
Sentiment block: Spellbinders Fancy Tags (1)



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Melissa Frances 5th Avenue Collection
ATC Ephemera Card: Pink Paislee Butterfly Garden Collection
Flowers, leaves, lace, pearls: Prima    Scalloped kraft envelope: Maya Road
Stamps: Hero Arts (sending smiles), Tim Holtz (post card)
Burlap: local craft store    Handmade stick pin



Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Kaiser Craft Miss Nelly Collection
Postcard: Glitz Designs    Mini roses: Prima    Resin scroll: Melissa Frances
Chipboard frame: Spellbinders Labels 20    Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink
Hug Snug seam binding    German glass glitter: Etsy    Lace: local craft store

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Kathy!! My friend Cassandra designed that EP line. She is going to be so happy to see this. such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards,Kathy, I love them all-I love the wonderfull color combinations. I especially like the first card , with the beautifull edged border and the elegant layering of your background papers . I indulge my eyes with your beautiful works of art !
    Love, Rosa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...