Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ornament Cards, Take 2

A couple posts ago I showed some ornament cards, and mentioned I was working on some with removeable and reusable ornaments.  My original idea didn't work out as planned, but I think the simpler end result will be better anyway!  I found some cute unpainted wooden ornaments at the craft store a while back, and that's when the idea first started.  These cards are for the littlest nieces and nephews in our family. The ornaments are actually picture frames - the center circle is held onto the back with photo turns, so the Christmas sentiment that I inserted for now can be replaced with a photo from Christmas. (I also wrote a personal greeting to each child from my husband and I on the back of each ornament.)





The gingerbread cookie ornaments are for the little girls, and the penguins for the boys...each card has different ribbon combinations at the top. I painted the ornaments front and back, added some white and bronze chunky glitters, and tied them to the bows at the top of the cards so they're easily removeable by Mom and Dad if they want to put them on the tree. 





Thanks for dropping by...and have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...