Thursday, February 16, 2012

Little Rose Twins, Take 2

Using more clipart images from Karen at The Graphics Fairy,  I made a couple more ATC-sized chips to adorn a new set of "rose twins"...mini 3-1/2" x 5" all occasion cards.  I guess you've noticed by now that I gravitate to the floral and vintage images...the colors just seem to attract me the most.  :)

So without further adieu, here are the newest little cuties...



Supplies:
Pink Landscape Card:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (damask), Making Memories Sabrina (pink mini dot)
Lace: LittleRedCottage on Etsy, & local craft store      Hug Snug seam binding      Pearls: Prima
Clipart: The Graphics Fairy (pink roses, label, postmark, frame); Dover Publications (butterfly)
Red Portrait Card:
Patterned Papers: Basic Grey Curio collection      Hug Snug seam binding      Pearls: Prima
Clipart: The Graphics Fairy (French label and red rose)      Laces: LittleRedCottage on Etsy, & local craft store

Here's another of the gift bag/matching tag sets that I made up...this one with pink, red, and lavender colored flowers on the red base.  The fun part of making these three sets was finding artwork and embellishments that all worked with the red bags...and even more fun was finding out how many actually did!  This time, the large floral and butterfly clipart images are from Dover Publications.

Once again, I used Spellbinders Grand Scalloped Rectangles die for the background, and Martha Stewart's Infinite Loops Trim punch for the paper lace trim around the center of the entire bag...

Other Supplies for the gift bag:
Pearl/Crystal flourish: Prima      Hug Snug Seam binding
Button & sheer ribbons: stash

The bottom edge of the tag is scalloped with Spellbinders Classic Scallop Edgeabilities, and EK Success Abstract Flower punch was used on the pink mini dotted strip across the front of the tag...


Other Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection (damask), Making Memories Sabrina (pink mini dot)
Cotton lace: local craft store    Hug Snug seam binding   Paper leaves: Handmade
Lace doily: made with yardage of cotton lace from local craft store      Pearl: Recollections

Thanks for visiting!




6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy
    Would you mind dropping by my blog. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Your cards are just so lovely and inspiring!
    Thanks, Maureen

    http://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award-good-morning-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! I was so excited to tell you about the award I forgot to say these two are my favourite cards ever. You do such gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness,,,,,,,these are just STUNNING,,,,,what did you cut the edges/bottoms with? is it a border punch or is it a spellbinders edgeabilities? either way, they're gorgeous, and I've been looking for a larger scallop to cut my edges with,,,,,,,,simply GORGEOUS, my dear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly beautiful work! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... love your work! I too find myself gravitating to flowers and nature in my digital art :) The cards, tag, and gift bags are gifts in and of themselves, I'd say!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such gorgeous cards! I love the layers! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...