Sunday, March 4, 2012

Almost, But Not Quite, Forgotten...

Sometimes when I make cards, I can't post them online right away, for a variety of reasons (gifts, etc.). Then sometimes I'll post projects to my online gallery at 2Peas, and forget to cross post it to my blog, and vice-versa.  These two cards got caught in that "black hole" of my forgetfulness.  :)

The doily on this card is cut from wool felt, and lightly coated with clear coarse glitter around the edges...



Supplies:
Patterned papers: MyMindsEye Stella Rose/Hazel collection      Paper leaves: Recollections
Felt doily: MFT Decorative Doily Duo die      Laces & tulle: local craft stores      Pearls: Prima
Clipart:  The Vintage Workshop blog      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink      Hug Snug seam binding

I've used this rose clipart on other cards, but on this one, I let it stand purely on its own on a clear background, and used the pearl flourish to imitate the butterfly's "flight path"...



Supplies:
Patterned paper: Prima Romantique collection      Doily: Wilton      Pearls: Prima
Butterfly punch: Martha Stewart       Rose clipart: The Feathered Nest      Pearl brad: K&Co.
Hug Snug seam binding      Looped ribbon: local craft store

I hope you're enjoying your weekend so far...thank you for stopping in!


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...