Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Celebrate Today...

We're halfway through another week, and I for one am most thankful for the cooler-than-normal temps we've been experiencing this week...in stark contrast to the sweltering heat our families in Texas and the southeast states are suffering through!

I'm "celebrating" today by going for my annual eye exam...which had to be moved up by a couple months because my one and only pair of glasses broke late last week.  And I mean broke...right across the bridge. They're the frameless style, and not fixable by a temporary tape job. So...I'm wearing my old (2 years) prescription, squinting now and then, and fighting the mild constant headache caused by not being able to see as clearly as I'm used to. This is one of those times when I wished I could wear contacts, so I'd at least have two options when one fails. Party time at the eye doc's and Lenscrafters...whoohooo!  LOL

But it hasn't stopped me from finishing up a few more cards.  For today, I have a soft and sweet birthday card to show you...

The scalloped die cut is by Melissa Frances, and I couldn't resist adding some pearls and flowers, along with a little "topper" that's just one end of a Spellbinders tag...

and, of course, the "obligatory" bow, with more pearls and another rose...

Supplies:
Patterned papers & diecut: Melissa Frances 5th Avenue collection
Paper roses & pearls: Prima      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
Lace: local craft store      Hug Snug seam binding

This card was inspired by the "soft and sweet" challenge photo at The Shabby Tea Room this week...


Thanks for popping in for a visit!  Hope your week is going well and you're enjoying your summer so far!



11 comments:

  1. Lovely card...you acedthose colours on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very delicate and really gorgeous card.. love it hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally love it Kathy!! You've done such a gorgeous job with that image--your squinting and struggling don't show one single bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kathey, your card is beautiful!!! I love MF paper and you've made it even more gorgeous! It's just beautiful! Thanks for sharing at TSTR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!!! Gorgeous sweet soft pretty card! You did well minus your glasses! I wish at times I wore contacts, too. I wear glasses for reading and anything close up. Anyways, I hope you get new glasses soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a stunning card, so elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those MF papers are my absolute favorite! I love the placement of the pearls flourishes!! This is shabby perfection! Hope you made out well with your eye appts, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy,

    Wow...I am glad you have brought me a visit on my blog, so that I could found you:)
    I Lovvve your cards, the shabby look and the lovely colors. Those are my favorite too.

    I have become a follower, because I did not want to miss a thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Stunning card, Kathy. Sweet and soft... without a doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! What an absolutely beautiful, little number, Kathy! LOVE all your perfectly shabby chic details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Kathy, I love all the pearls.......and the image is so sweet. Beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...