Sunday, June 17, 2012

Celebrating Dads...

It's Father's Day weekend, so it's only fitting to show another masculine card here on the blog.

Because my usual style leans to the shabby/feminine direction,  it can sometimes be difficult for me to put together masculine embellishments for an end result I'm satisfied with. Since I've begun making digital collages for masculine cards, I'm much happier with the end results. Because I'm such a "newbie" to digital designs, it can still take a good bit of time to put these together, but I learn something new every time I do, so it's worth the extra "few" minutes.


The corrugated cardboard, burlap scrap and twine bows add contrast to the other smooth textures on the rest of the card. I rolled a slight crease in the sentiment banner...just for fun...


Supplies:
Patterned Papers: Echo Park For the Record collection      Green pearls: Queen & Co.
Miscellaneous: corrugated cardboard, burlap, twine, button
Digital collage elements:  FreeVintageDigiStamps: grungy polka dot paper, bird, auto
TheGraphicsFairy: crown, olive branches, vintage label
VintageFeedsacks: berry floral

Celebrate the dads in your life this weekend...and have a wonderful time doing so!

3 comments:

  1. Wow ! That's fabulous. I always envy people who can do shabby and vintage! A fab card for a man with lots of lovely layers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...