Monday, July 23, 2012

Lacy Birthday Wishes...

Happy Monday to you!  I'm starting off the week with a lacy little number that's based on sketch #229 from the Card Positioning Systems blog. 

When I use sketches, I start off with every intention of sticking to the design of the sketch, but it rarely ends up that way. Halfway through the construction of the card or layout, I usually get an idea and end up changing up the design to go with my idea.  I realize that's a good thing, but it makes for some puzzled expressions when I say I used a sketch yet my project looks nothing like it!

But this time I stuck to the sketch design, just adding a round doily to soften all the squares and angles, and adding a piece of lace down the entire left side...well, and the flower and bow cluster...but at least you can actually *see* the sketch design here. :)


lots of pearls scattered around the card...on the white wire spiral, the stick pin, a small flourish beneath the Hug Snug bows...


...more pearls at the end of the sentiment as a decorative ellipsis, and some adorable scalloped lace, adorned with more pearls, on and above, of course... 

Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park This & That/Graceful collection (damask & dot); This & That Charming collection (stripe);
Crate Paper Random collection (yellow)
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts Antique Doily; My Favorite Things Royal Leaves     Ric-rac-edge cotton lace: local craft store
Scalloped lace: The Funkie Junkie on Etsy & Zibbet      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
Loose pearls: Queen & Co.; Paper Studio      Paper rose: Prima      Hug Snug seam binding
Pearl flourish: Recollections      Handcrafted pearl wire and pearl stick pin   

Thanks so much for visiting today!  I'll be back on Wednesday with a sweet all-occasion card.

  

1 comment:

  1. So many gorgeous details and those colors are wonderful! I love the pearls and lace and that pretty stick pin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...