Monday, July 16, 2012

A Special Happy Birthday...

Some say Friday the 13th is a unlucky day...but not me...or my mother-in-law, whose birthday fell on Friday the 13th this year. :)

I chose the image on the front of the card because it reminds me of a teacup and saucer that once belonged to my husband's grandmother...and that his mother passed down to him. So I thought it would be fun to make this image the centerpoint of her birthday card.

Once again, I used one of my favorite paper collections for the background paper...Echo Park Victoria Gardens. :)


I added little touches of clear glitter to the flowers, and used a GellyRoll Clear Stardust pen on the ""gold" accents on the teacup and saucer...


Supplies:
Patterned paper: Echo Park Victoria Gardens     Paper roses: Prima
Dies: Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves; Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Ovals Small, Classic Ovals Lg, Floral Ovals
Teacup image: Digital Paper on Etsy      Sentiment stamp: Papertrey Ink
Stick Pin: Handcrafted with Maya Road flower pin as base      Handmade pearl wire spirals

Thanks for visiting...hope you're enjoying the start of a wonderful week ahead!

5 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card!

    Mine are so ordinary in comparison!
    You asked about my kraft card...LOL
    The cards came in several different patterns that were already embossed on the card. Totally cheater cards!!!

    I literally had a teensy box of supplies up there with me plus the box of glimmer cards.
    It was only when I went for coffee and went to store the coffee sleeve afterwards, that I realized I also had the box of Kraft cards forgotten up there from my last vacation. What luck cuz then I was able to make the card you noticed:)

    Last summer I had way more stash up there. I stored it all under the queen bed in our bedroom. The bed lifts up in the air and stores a huge amount of stash. Unfortunately the hydraulic lifters tore out of the wall and DH had to fix them before I could fill it up again.

    He was not well enough for a few months to do that heavy work (heart attack), and so I had to scrap and make cards with minimal supplies till it got fixed.

    Good news is the bed is finally fixed and I can haul everything including the kitchen sink up there again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful image, and your design highlights it so well! You have gorgeous details in all the right places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can it be? I have ANOTHER favorite!!! Beautiful Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can it be? I have ANOTHER favorite!!! Beautiful Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a question.... could you tell me the shop that has this image? I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...