Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Page From My Own Book, Part 2

I had another masculine birthday card to make up this month...and you know I've written before how masculine cards don't come as easily to me as the shabby, floral, feminine ones I make more of.  So I copied one of my own designs again, by using the same digi collage I'd used for a Father's Day card earlier this year (thankfully, two different recipients...LOL), and switching up the colors and patterned papers.

I picked up on one of the digi papers I used in the collage, and duplicated it for the background of the card...it gave a whole new "feel" to the digi collage at the center of the card...


The sentiment stamps are a combo of two different sentiments in the same set from Papertrey Ink...I was happy to find I had the same fonts on my hard drive, so I could duplicate the fonts from the stamps on the computer-printed verse inside the card. :) 


Supplies:
Patterned papers: K&Co Maison collection (dot); Graphic 45/Communique collection (black diamond)
Green pearls: Queen & Co    Miscellaneous: corrugated cardboard, burlap, twine, button
Digital collage elements: Free Vintage Digi Stamps: grungy polka dot paper, bird, auto;
The Graphics Fairy: crown, olive branches, vintage label;
Vintage Feedsacks: berry floral

And here's the Father's Day card I CASE'd, from a post back in June - by changing the size of the digi collage and the colors of the papers, I think I got a very different look, even though the design of the card was the same...


Thanks for visiting...I hope your week is going well!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you to CASE your own card. Why recreate the wheel when you've already got a great one?! I love how you found the font and carried it through - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great card...I think you have aced these masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...