Friday, September 7, 2012

A Challenge Card for Friday...

Remember those plans I had to head into the Korner and work away on cards this week? Well, "best laid plans" and all that...it didn't happen quite the way I thought it would.  But I did get a birthday card made (that I can't show just yet), and a card for this week's challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room, so at least I have something to share for 3 days of absence...LOL

Banners became popular quite a while ago, but it's a trend I didn't follow until now...no real reason why, just never happened and I didn't force it. Then this week's challenge was to use the colors in the photo and include a banner, so I played with a few ideas. None of my hastily drawn sketches really fit my usual style, though.  I did finally settle on an idea, yet I'm still not sure of it...but...here goes, for all the world to see...here's a "Love, Happy, Enjoy" birthday card...


lots of "shabby" touches on this card...along with bright and muted colors all blended together...



Supplies:
Patterned papers: Echo Park Victoria Gardens collection, Dots & Stripes/Metropolitan collection, For the Record 2/Tailored collection; MyMindsEye On the Bright Side 2 collection (aqua dot)
Shabby fabric flower: Frogfeathers on Etsy      Pearls & crystals: Recollections      My Favorite Things Royal Leaves die
Edge punches: EK Success Dotted Scallop; Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment
Miscellaneous: fern punch, cotton lace, twine, star button

And here's the photo that we used for inspiration this week...just overflowing with design possibilities, don't you think?  I picked up on the aqua, red, green and cream colors (and how can you not spot the jar of pink candies in the center?), the rosettes, ferns, twine banner ropes, shabby poles, and of course, the banner...


Thanks for stopping by for a visit...I'm going to try again this weekend to accomplish what I thought I'd accomplish earlier this week! :)



3 comments:

  1. Kathy, I'm floored!!! Your banner and flower are so beautiful! Love the scattered gems, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous detailed banner and amazing flower, Kathy! A very lovely card! Great take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and shabby!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...