Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Wishes For You...

Today's Easter card involved a little experimentation on my part with another of my newer sets of dies. Much like the Opulent Oval dies used in yesterday's card, the Adorning Squares set comes with dies that emboss only and some that cut and emboss, and there are almost countless ways you can combine them.  I wanted to see if I could get a debossed look with some of the dies, and it actually worked the way I had planned...a pleasant surprise, because that's definitely not always the case with my ideas! LOL

Another happy discovery was finding that one of the Parisian Motif dies fit perfectly inside the solid center of the square die combo...it was all a series of fun surprises while die cutting this one...



I was able to get the debossed look I wanted by combining two of the square dies (the two largest in the set) and embossing them (no cutting at all) onto the square of cream cardstock.  Then I cut and embossed the purple cardstock with just the smaller of the two dies used on the cream.  After I glued the purple over the cream, matching the patterns, I ran it though the diecut machine with the circle die to cut out the center.  When I did that, it pressed the purple and cream layers together and gave it the debossed look I was after.

Wrapping floral sprays around shapes is one of my new favorites these days...and this design lent itself well to that...




The pretty cream ribbon flower with a pearl center came pre-made from the craft store...another happy accidental find as I cruised through the sale section one day...




The digi collage is "sunken" beneath the circle die cut into the cream/lavender layer, and the green layer.  It's adhered to the light lavender background layer, then the other two layers are adhered above it - the green layer with foam tape...


Supplies:
Dies:   Spellbinders Adorning Squares, Parisian Motifs, Standard Circles Large, Standard Circles Small;
My Favorite Things Royal Leaves
Floral digital image:  The Graphics Fairy        Sentiment stamps:  Papertrey Ink
Paper Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts       Martha Stewart Medium Branch Punch       Pearls:  Recollections
Ribbon flower:  local craft store       Handcrafted stick pin


Thanks so much for visiting today.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and if you're celebrating the holiday, a blessed Good Friday and Easter Sunday.


5 comments:

  1. Hi.. Happy Easter to you too! I love this card, especially the green and purple combo.. and of course your adorable little roses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,
    Just breathtaking! i see you've been indulging in some of the new Spellbinders. I have some on order:can't wait to play! Have a Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a beauty! Love the decorative frames and fabulous flowers with sweet colors! Take care and have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card Kathy - these dies look amazing! Happy Easter to you too. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so pretty, I just love the colors you have used and the dies work beautifully together. I just recently subscribed to your blog after following a link from Pinterest and I love everything on it, you are so talented! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...