Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Blessed to Call You Friend...

Today  I chose a card to feature that uses soft, calming colors...one of which, yellow, is a color signifying hope, optimism, healing energy (in feng shui), and in Japan, of courage...wished for all of those affected by Monday's tragic events in Boston.

When I find a trio of patterns I want to use together, I usually turn to a "tried and true" paper layout, and put a bit of a different spin on it, by varying sizes or shapes with different edges, as on today's card...





Only the top pieces were edge punched with a decorative scallop...but the edges of all the pieces were dry brushed with white paint for a shabby touch...




The chipboard heart frame was painted, inked, then lightly glittered...and there's just one lone pale grey-blue flower admidst all the pale yellow ones...




Supplies:
Patterned papers:   Kaisercraft Rustic Charm collection       Chipboard heart:   Maya Road        
Gold rose trim:   SuhaFuha on Etsy         Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com       Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts      
 Pearls:   Prima and Recollections       Sentiment Stamp:  Papertrey Ink        Punch:  Martha Stewart Medium Branch


Thanks so much for visiting today!


3 comments:

  1. Kathy, my heart smiled and sighed so peacefully when your card popped up - just beautiful. Such a lovely creation with the choice of colors and design elements. Thanks for bringing happiness to my heart! hugs, de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still my heart! I love this grey-blue/yellow combination, it's gorgeous together and yes, I agree - very calming. I just can't imagine being the recipient of this lovely card. Elegant and so, so, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...