Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What's New?

A while ago, a sweet friend surprised me with a gift package containing a few rolls of washi tape...and not surprisingly, all of them were in colors and prints that are "just my style."  So of course, I immediately wanted to use one on a card specifically with her in mind, and use it in a way other than as a stripe, or a banner...fun ways, but ones I've already seen done several times. I decided to try covering a small chipboard frame with one of them...a bit of a challenge since I'd have to match the print up somehow.

After successfully covering the frame with the pieces of tape (yay!), I sanded off the edges to the stamp shape of the frame (this was the time-consuming part of the process), and coated it with Matte Accents.  It gave the frame a more finished look, and ensured all the tape edges would stay secured to the frame for a nice long time.

When I added the half-doily to the left of the frame, I felt the edge looked too "raw," in spite of the stitching to the side, so I added a piece of tea-dyed scalloped lace and put a few loose pearls at the tops of the scallops.




With the card all cream and black, I decided to put an assortment of colors in the flower cluster to brighten things up for spring...dark aqua, red, pink, yellow, lilac and purple, along with cream and palest yellow...




The frame is adhered to the card front with thin strips of foam tape to not only add dimension, but to make more of a "well" for the flowers to nestle in and around...




Here's a side view with a peek to the inside. This is a 4"x 6" card, a little thinner and taller than the usual A2 sized cards I usually make. This size left me more height to "play" with the design using the frame...

Supplies:
Patterned paper:   K&Company Maison collection       Chipboard frame:   Tattered Angels
Lace:   TheFunkieJunkie.com       Flowers:   Wild Orchid Crafts       Pearls:   Recollections
Die:   Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork         Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch
Tim Holtz Memo Pin       Hug Snug seam binding


Thanks for visiting today...I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!
      

3 comments:


  1. Once again a really beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kathy A real beauty and I love what you have done with your washi tape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your blog, all your projects are wonderful! You have your own style and it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...