Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Just a (Hybrid) Note...

Years ago, I used to make all my clothes...even took a couple advanced tailoring classes in college. I loved being in a fabric store, spending hours looking at and matching fabrics, feeling all the different textures and weaves, and dreaming of different ways to combine parts of different patterns to make unique outfits.  When the cost of making my own suits and dresses and casual clothes became higher than ready-made, and time for hobbies became less and less, sewing faded as my main hobby.

These days, I guess I've substituted papers for my old fabric obsession. :)  I can spend a couple hours just going through my stash of patterned papers, matching 3-5 different ones and stacking them together for future projects. And now and then, I like to dabble with my digital images, making collages and printing out card-sized digital papers to add to the fun. That's where the papers for today's card came from...with a little help from some scraps from previous projects.

This time I printed out two copies of the digital collage, cutting one into a decorative oval shape to sit above the rectangular one, to add some interest and dimension to the usual placement I'd use...





Small touches of Stickles are on the butterfly wings and daisy centers...




The little fabric daisies are from a chain craft store, with a bit of Aqua Stickles added to the centers for fun...




The sentiment tag is held by a Tim Holtz memo pin that's shabbied with white acrylic paint and fancied up with a crystal spacer and cream pearl...


Supplies:
Digital Paper:  Playing WIth Brushes Torn Paper edge over MTerasawa/Designer Digitals paper
Patterned papers:   BoBunny Gabrielle collection (tan);   My Minds Eye Lost & Found/Madison (banners)
Die:   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves          Punch:   Martha Stewart Medium Branch          Daisies:   local craft store
Hug Snug seam binding          Tim Holtz Memo Pin (embellished)
Digital collage elements:          
Background papers:   MTerasawa/Designer Digitals   
French label:   TheGraphicsFairy.com
Butterfly/daisies image:   KarensWhimsy.com




Thanks for stopping by for a visit today!
      

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is exquisite.. your cards are always mini masterpieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the use of vintage image and the lovely floral cluster paired with fab papers n stitching !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read your story about making clothes it seems I read my own story !Gorgeous card as ever !

    Hugs,Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love how you cut the oval out of the print and placed it on top to give it dimension. It worked out great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...