Friday, September 20, 2013

Sage and Celery...

TGIF! Friday seems to be just about everyone's favorite day of the week around here. We might have a bit of rain around these parts this weekend...the temps have cooled off to the mid-80's, the barometer is headed downward, and it's a bit muggy today...so maybe they'll be right this time...it's a welcome change.

Recently a friend asked why I haven't made any more mini twin sets...and my answer was, "I don't know...it wasn't intentional!" LOL  So I decided to give my triceps a little exercise by making a pair of die-cut mini note cards....there's a bit of machine cranking involved when making sets like this. One die is used to make the shaped card, one for the raised panel, and a couple more for the frame for the rose image at the center of each.  It's fun mixing and matching different die sets, but I'll admit, the fun of die cut cards can also be time-consuming. (But I always like the end results!)

So today's share is a pair of die cut monochromatic mini note cards in sage and celery green...





I used the same rose image for each card, but changed the background for one and flipped it 180 degrees, and desaturated the other a bit more. After die cutting the celery green cardstock pieces behind the rose images, I ran them through an embossing folder for a little bit of texture...




Adding more flowers to the center of the satin bows seemed a bit overdone, but a tiny pearl cluster fit perfectly, and added a bit more brightness...




The frame around the rose image was die cut from a very pale celery color, but it looked a bit "flat" for my taste, so I coated it with fine clear German glass glitter for texture and subtle sparkle. That's one of the main reasons I like using glass glitter...the sparkle isn't overwhelming...


Supplies:
Dies:   Spellbinders Resplendent Rectangles,  Opulent Ovals;   Sizzix Flowers Branches & Leaves
Embossing folder:   Cuttlebug Geometric Rings
Rose digital image:   The-Feathered-Nest.blogspot.com
Ribbon:   Offray          Pearls:   Reflections          Lace:   local craft store
Miscellaneous:   Clear German glass glitter



Thanks for visiting today...I hope you have a fun weekend!




7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, These note cards are stunning. Love the colours choice and all the added textures. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really yummy cards Kathy! Love the image and the beautiful way you support it...elegant!!! ((hugs)) Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, Stunning cards , I love the elegance and the celery colormix. The German Glass glitter is so pretty !

    Hugs,Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely! The greens are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These 2 cards are amazing, so very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your note cards are so dainty and beautiful!! I can't take my eyes off them!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...