Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A Little Change is Good...

Today's card is a little change of pace for me...no flowers and lace here...because today's card is another masculine birthday card.

I was playing around with the pad of burlap paper that I mentioned a couple posts back, trying to determine what would cut well with it and what wouldn't.  I decided to play with Spellbinders' Grateful Lattice die, and had a go at trying to cut the burlap paper with it.  It did cut, but not without many, many passes through the machine, adding a shim here and there. I kept all the little "inside" pieces, thinking I'd come up with some fun way to use them sooner or later.

When I had determined the colors I wanted to use for this card, I remembered those little shaped burlap pieces, and they actually helped decide the overall design of the card for me...






I cut another full lattice piece from cream cardstock for the front of the card, and decided to cut part of it away to make room to stamp a birthday sentiment.  Then I took some of those little burlap pieces from my burlap lattice, and popped them up with foam tape inside the cream cardstock in a fun and random placement...





In the center of the card, I used some metal embellishments, twine, cheesecloth, a cardstock flourish, and some dark pewter beads in a cluster...






And the piece of the cardstock lattice I cut off the front?  I decided to use it on the inside of the card, and glued the burlap pieces down flat inside the lattice, instead of popping them up with foam tape...



Supplies:
Dies:   Spellbinders Grateful Lattice and Foliage Two;   Memory Box Elegant Scrollwork
Sentiment stamp and metal gear:   The Paper Studio          Metal keyhole:   Tim Holtz Ideaology
Pewter pearls:   Creative Imaginations          Metal key:   local craft store          Burlap paper:   DCWV




Thanks so much for visiting today!



4 comments:

  1. Очень красивая, стильная открытка!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its Beautiful !! though not many layer like your usual shabby card but still awesome !!I loved the textures and colors .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love everything about this card :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is a lovely card, and I love the burlap texture and love how you continued the theme inside the card as well!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...