Wednesday, February 25, 2015

LLLC - Sketch Challenge...

Good day to you all! This week at La-La Land Crafts, the design team is working with a sketch challenge.

My term as a member of this wonderful design team is coming to an end with this post, but rest assured you'll still see lots of wonderful LLLC products on my cards in the future. This has been such a fun 6 months working with a most wonderful group of talented and fun and funny teammates!

But now, on to the fun stuff. :) This card...



is based on this sketch...



It all started with that small watercolored piece beneath the flowers and lacy strips. I was playing with some new heavily-textured watercolor paper, and liked the play-piece so much I decided to find a way to use it on a card...so happy that the sketch lends itself to using it now, and that I had a beautiful piece of patterned paper that was a perfect match for a background for it!

I cut a few strips using the Small Lacy Border Die, added narrow satin ribbon across the top of each, and placed the top two strips behind the watercolor piece, and the bottom one across the top of the piece...



Cherry Blossom Flowers and leaves from the Open Leaf Flourish Die form the floral cluster, accented with twine bows and small pearl clusters...




I couldn't find a cardstock in the color I pictured in my mind, so I die cut a Filigree Corner from white cardstock, and shaded it with a couple Distress Inks to make it just the right color...


Supplies:
LLLC Dies:  Small Lacy Border,  Cherry Blossom Flowers,  Open Leaf  Flourish,  Filigree Corner
Patterned paper:  Lili of the Valley "Baskets & Bunnies" paper pad
Pearls:   Recollections            Pearl stamens:   Wild Orchid Crafts
Miscellaneous supplies:   natural twine,   Sakura Koi watercolors,   Shizen watercolor paper,   Picked Raspberry & Seedless Preserves Distress Inks


Thanks so much for visiting today. I hope you'll take a few moments and head over to the La-La Land Crafts Inspiration Blog to check out what my teammates have made up with this week's sketch inspiration!







3 comments:

  1. Well I have really enjoyed all your cards, and I love all the dies you have used so wonderfully.. This card is gorgeous too.. pretty colors love the flowers.. I am sure you will continue to enjoy using the dies for your cards in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Kathy.
    Love how you have created layers..wow! And lacy border die design is perfect fit. You use your dies in unique way, Kathy, clever Lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...