Monday, April 27, 2015

Art Journal - Poppies...

Welcome to another Mixed Media Monday here in the Korner!

This layout began as a "catch-all" page in my small Dylusions art journal. I was playing with a few different stencils and color mediums, but as I went along, I got more ideas, and somehow found a way to blend them all together...




I began by adding my background colors first, using Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, a speckle stencil and modeling paste, and stamping around the outside edges.

The butterflies and corner elements were made with modeling paste through the "Mini Specimens" stencil by The Crafters Workshop. I shadowed and traced the butterflies with Crystal Stickles and added some tiny pearls through the centers...






I used the Penny Black "Sun Catcher" stencil to gesso onto the pages, and copied the details from the matching "Poppy Time" stamp to hand draw in the details, then colored with watercolor pencils and acrylic craft paints. I decided I wanted some dimension to the poppies, so I stamped the matching stamp onto mixed media paper, colored it in, then cut out the center pieces of the stamped flowers and attached them to the center of the poppies on the pages using foam tape...




The final step was adding some of my favorite Unity Stamp quotes here and there...


Supplies:
Color Mediums:   Lindys Stamp Gang - Alpine Ice Rose,  Aloha Avocado,  Cowabunga Copper,  Hydrangea Blue
Stencils:   The Crafters Workshop "Mini Specimens";   Tim Holtz "Speckles";  Penny Black "Sun Catcher"
Stamps:   Penny Black "Poppy Time";   Unity Stamp Co. "empowered words";   
Fiskars/Teresa Collins "Music";   Stampin' Up! "Gorgeous Grunge"
Art Mediums:   Golden white gesso and modeling paste;   Plaid Folk Art acrylic paints
Miscellaneous:   Stabilo All Pencils (black and brown),  "Crystal" Stickles,  Black Archival ink, 
 Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens (black),  Kaisercraft mini pearls


Thanks for coming by for a visit...I hope your week is starting with a smile!

3 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful! The poppies are so dimensional and just gorgeous. Love all the stencilling and mists.. Wonderful creating! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O-M-G Kathy! This is CRAZY AMAZING!!!!!! Wow wow wow .. I'm looking at all the details you've put in this .. it is JAW DROPPING! My goodness! And the colors, textures, flowiness to it all .. whew! Love it Kathy!

    Hope you had a beautiful weekend!

    Big Hugs,
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, This is stunning! Looove the 3D deocupage and the bright colours! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment - I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...